hydro‑québec v. churchill falls (labrador) corp.,  1 S.C.R. 1087
Churchill Falls (Labrador) Corporation Limited Appellant
Royal Trust Company Mis en cause
General Trust of Canada Mis en cause
indexed as: hydro‑québec v. churchill falls (labrador) corp.
File No.: 19339.
1988: May 4; 1988: June 9.
Present: Dickson C.J. and Beetz, McIntyre, Lamer, Wilson, Le Dain and La Forest JJ.
on appeal from the court of appeal for quebec
Appeal ‑‑ Interpretation of contract for the provision of hydro-electric energy ‑‑ Appeal moot in view of this Court's judgment: Newfoundland (Attorney General) v. Churchill Falls (Labrador) Corp.
Held: The appeal should be dismissed.
Referred to: Newfoundland (Attorney General) v. Churchill Falls (Labrador) Corp.,  1 S.C.R. 1085.
APPEAL from a judgment of the Quebec Court of Appeal, J.E. 85-255, affirming a judgment of the Superior Court,  C.S. 604. Appeal dismissed.
1. Colin K. Irving and Franklin S. Gertler, for the appellant.
2. Michel Jetté, André E. Gadbois, Q.C., and Julie Veilleux, for the respondent.
3. J. Vincent O'Donnell, Q.C., for the mis en cause the Royal Trust Co.
English version of the judgment delivered by
4. The Court ‑‑ In view of the judgment handed down today in Newfoundland (Attorney General) v. Churchill Falls (Labrador) Corp.,  1 S.C.R. 1085, this appeal is moot.
5. The appeal is dismissed without costs.
Solicitors for the appellant: McMaster Meighen, Montréal.
Solicitors for the respondent: Geoffrion, Jetté, Montréal.
Solicitors for the mis en cause the Royal Trust Co.: Lavery, O'Brien, Montréal.